Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Walgreens Trip

Today I hit Walgreens and Publix.  I hadn't done any shopping last week.  We weren't in dire need but we did need a few things.  One of the great perks of stocking up when everything is at rock bottom is not having to go on a major grocery shopping trip each week.

So I got my list and my coupons together and the kids and I headed out.


Here's what I got:

  • 3 Boxes 20 count Finish Powerball Dishwasher Detergent (on sale for $3.49 with $1.50 in Register Rewards, used .75 off coupon on each one)
  • 2 Lunchables with desert on sale 2/$3 with $1 Register Reward, used $1/1 coupon and
  • 2 Sub Sandwich Lunchables on sale 2/$2 with $1 Register Reward   ( used $1/1 coupon)
  • Nutrogena Lip Gloss $7.99 (In Store coupon for $2 off and MFR coupon for $3 off)
  • Jet Dry (on Sale for $3.49 with $1.50 in Register Rewards, used .55 off coupon)
  • Scotch Manila Envelopes (small 10 pack) on sale for $1.99
  • L'Oreal Vive Pro Shampoo & Conditioner (Each on sale for $2.99, used $2/1 on each)
  • 2Nabisco Fig Newton Cookies $4.49 each ( used $1/1 each)
  • 2 Bottles Maybelline Fast Finish Nail Polish on Clearance for $2.29 each
  • 1 3 Pack of Gum $2.99
  • 4 Dove Dark Chocolate Bars (fillers)  .39 each


My total:  $33.86
My Savings:  $44.67

Now let me state a couple of things:

1.  I did 5 separate transactions in order to use all of my Register Rewards.
2.  I have a discount card because of the company my husband works for so I get an extra 15% off most items and 20% off Walgreens items.  However you have to scan this card before you scan anything else.  On my largest transaction both the cashier and I forgot to scan this card.  My savings would have been greater if I had.

3.  I didn't need all the Dove fillers.  I had set the gum and envelopes aside in order to use them in a later transaction after I had received my Register Rewards.  I really only needed two Dove chocolate bars as fillers.  This would have saved me a little money as well.

4.  The cookies were marked as being on sale 2/$6 I believe and I didn't check this at the register.  One of the drawbacks of having three kids with you when you are shopping.

All in all I am very happy with how I did.

If you don't understand how Register Rewards work.  Just let me know.  I'll be more than happy to explain it to you.

Happy Tuesday!
~The Boss Lady~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Feel free to contact me at any time via e-mail or by comment here. bossladysruminations (at) yahoo (dot) com.