Friday, May 27, 2011

The LOFT

Now let me just preface this by saying, I love the LOFT. It's my favorite store and they carry my favorite jeans.  The Curvy cut.  Also yes they are expensive but if you are a Savvy Shopper you can get a lot of bang for your buck!

I purchased a shirt about a week before Easter.  I've only worn it a handful of times and washed it less than that.  Well I noticed Wednesday when I had it on that it already had two small holes in the front of it near the waist.  This should NOT be the case on a shirt from this store.  I paid good money for it even with the sale they had going and I expect a certain level of quality.


So do you know what I did?  I took it back and I asked them what they could do for me.  I didn't have the receipt or the tags, obviously.  You know what?  They let me exchange it.  They gave me the sale price for it $14.88.  I found a shirt on clearance, that I really liked, for $34.50 originally $39.50.  All their clearance was on sale half off!  So I got the new shirt for $17.25.  All in all they gave me $14.88 for the first shirt so I was only out $2.37 for the second shirt.

So what did I really get?  If I remember correctly I paid around $17.00 for the first shirt plus the additional $2.37 I paid today.  So for $19.37 I got to wear one shirt for a little over a month and I got another shirt that I really like to keep :)

So the bottom line is don't hesitate to take things back, even if you don't have a receipt.  If it is a high quality store and you've paid good money for the item, and it has been a reasonable amount of time you should expect a certain level of quality.  Be willing to go talk to them and see what they will do for you if you have a problem with your merchandise.  Just goes to show, I took the chance and it paid off!!!

Happy Shopping!
~The Boss Lady~

BTW I don't know how long they are going to have the sale but for now all SALE items are an additional 50% off at THE LOFT!  You can get a steal this way.  I purchased two pairs of my FAVORITE JEANS for $15.00 each today, normally $60.00 each!!!!  Now that's a SAVINGS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Feel free to contact me at any time via e-mail or by comment here. bossladysruminations (at) yahoo (dot) com.