Monday, May 3, 2010

Updates.....

Well let's see what's been going on....

The septic system fit on the lot! Hooray! We will get our septic letter tomorrow. The impact fee has been paid to the county and the city fee will be paid tomorrow. The driveway should be going in by tomorrow. With all the rain though I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed a day or two. The electrical permit has been pulled. Derek and my brother, Jared a master electrician, put up the Temporary Electrical in the rain on Saturday. They were soaked but it was the only time Jared could come up and get it in due to his sons ball schedules. Jared and my cousins husband, Rob a Journeyman Electrician, will be running all the electrical on the house. I am very excited by this. Not only will it be done to perfection but I will get to spend time with all of them!!!

We did get 13 inches of rain over the weekend. There was major flooding in many areas and also some deaths I am told. It is so sad! Everything was pretty normal today other than super slow traffic in some areas and of course all the debris from the flooding.

The kids are out of school today and tomorrow is Caleb's field trip! I am to go with him as a Chaperone. I'll tell you all about it later.

I spent four hours with one of my builders, the wife of the husband and wife team, on Friday. We scoured the area, looking at houses, trying to pare down what we like for the brick, stone and HardieBoard for the house. She says we should have the basement in by the end of the month and then by the end of June we should have it in the dry!!!! I can't wait!!! It is finally starting to roll. I pray for good weather and for things to go smoothly. I don't have any new pictures to post but once they start digging I'll be sure to get some up!

I have started a couch to 5k program with my neighbor. We walked/jogged for 30 minutes last Monday and 35 last Tuesday. We are planning to go again this evening. On top of that I started the new Atkins diet last Wednesday and I've already lost 3.5 lbs! Only 12 more to go!

Well that's all for now. How is everything with you? Would love to hear from you!

Love
~Stacie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback. Feel free to contact me at any time via e-mail or by comment here. bossladysruminations (at) yahoo (dot) com.