Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally.

Finally, today, this afternoon, we will sign the construction loan for our home. It's been a long, frustrating journey so far and it is only going to be longer and more frustrating however rewarding it will be. I will hopefully be able to go out to the property and get a before shot up very soon. Our builders have already contacted their surveyor and he will be going out there soon. They are also talking with someone (I don't know his job title) about getting a driveway/entrance cut into the property.

We have two concerns right now. One is that our house plan, being a house with a basement, is not going to work with the septic layout. We had the land approved for septic 3 years ago when we purchased the land to make sure we could put a 4 bedroom house on the property. However we didn't know what kind of house we would be building at that point. We simply laid out a 70 x 70 square, much more house than we would ever build, and then had the septic installers make sure there was enough land for a 4 bedroom septic system. Now, going back and looking at the septic layout we aren't sure if it will work with our house plan. Lord willing it will work out, if not we are definitely going to have to make some major changes to our house plans.

Two is the appraisal value. Not only did the original appraisal that we had to have done in order to get the loan, come back very low. It seems that many final appraisals have been coming in low. Lower than even the construction cost of the home. Our builders informed us of this when they finished another home last week and it appraised signifigantly lower than it's construction costs. It's all because of the economy, unfortunately.

In other news, Levi seems to be feeling much better now that he has had antibiotics for a couple of days. The kids and I will be leaving tomorrow to head to Alabama for a few days. I don't know how long. Originally we were going to stay until next Thursday but that may change.

We're going this afternoon after we sign the loan and eat dinner to Publix. I've got my list laid out with all the sales and coupon matchups. Hopefully it will all work out as planned.

GRITS Embroidery News:

I've sold the first Jessica Bag! The one I completed first has been sold! Yipee! I'm loving my tie front bag (hopefully it will be getting a new name soon). I'm going to be making one of these!
It already has a name. I'm calling it the Jonna Bag!!! After my amazing friend Jonna! She happens to be the SIL of Jessica! LOL :) She has chosen the Cherry Linen fabric combination for her bag. I can't wait to get started on it but it's going to have to wait until after our gospel meeting. BTW that begins next Thursday night the 8th and runs through Sunday. We would love to see you if you are in the area.

Well I think that's all for now. Have a wonderful day!

~ The Boss Lady ~

3 comments:

  1. See you next week. Keep Thursday night free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can't wait! I am praying that the house business will be settled soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gal! Love you too! Can't wait to see you this summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Feel free to contact me at any time via e-mail or by comment here. bossladysruminations (at) yahoo (dot) com.