Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Welll.... maybe I should end the hiatus :)

I know, I know...... it's been since August!  Where have I been?!  Well I'll tell you. Quite a lot has been going on since then.  I'm sure some of you won't care for the details but if you know me well then you know I'm a detail kind of gal.  The more information the better :)

We started back with our homeschooling in mid-August.  All three kids are doing schoolwork although the youngest is just Pre-K so it's not everyday just when we feel like it.   Along with homeschooling I decided to close G.R.I.T.S. Embroidery.  It was a very tough decision, it's been like my 4th child for the past 7 years!  It was difficult though to keep up.  I couldn't update my website to add or remove products, choices or prices so I was using Facebook.  But then you never know when you are going to get an order and the timeframe it will be needed in.  I don't like unknowns all that much so I decided it was best to close up for now.  I just didn't have the time to devote to it anymore.  I still make Savvy Shoppers and sell them at the White House Walgreens, just check out the candy display at the main checkout.

Around this same time I was asked by our former Realtor to start staging houses for him when needed.  Thus became Savvy Staging by Stacie.  So far I've only consulted with one customer but we all know how the housing market is right now.  The great thing about this is I'm mainly just a consultant so there are no supplies to keep in stock, it's just a couple of hours of my time when a client needs me to give them advice.

During all this I was having more and more pain with my kidney stones (I still have 5 keeping me company).  The doctor ordered a CT Scan and said that there was only one large enough to blast and who knows if it's the one causing me the pain.  You know I always find it very funny that after seeing doctors and speaking with nurses the pain seems to go away.  So for right now and the past few weeks or more my kidneys have been playing nice :)

Along with this I was having some pretty severe pain in my right ear as well as some other anomalies.  I saw an Internal Medicine doctor who ran a lot of bloodwork and pronounced me perfectly healthy.  Going back to see him three months later and still with great ear pain he sent me to an Oatolarangology  (sp?) doctor or an ENT!    He checked my hearing and looked at my ear and said it could be enflamed nerves so I got a $41 steroid cream to use for fifteen days.  That didn't help and in fact the pain got worse so I saw him again yesterday.  He used a light to look in my ear and said that the nerve is bright red and it is most likely per-erruptive  Shingles!   Ouch!  I don't want that!  So now I am on two anti-viral medications and a cream for a week or a little more that he said should get rid of it.  Whew!  Close call, I'll keep you in the know about whether or not it works.

During all this I decided to become a  Team Beachbody Coach.  I know you have all seen the Infomercials about P90X?!  Well I'm doing the 90 day challenge and while I haven't lost any weight yet I can definitely tell a difference in muscle tone (I'm 30 days in at this point).   So if you would like to learn more about getting healthy and fit you can go here or leave me a message here.  I will be more than happy to help you! 

It seems strange to start this in the midst of so many health problems but at the same time it is something I felt like "I can do this!"  and it made me feel better instead of letting the other issues get me down. 

Christmas is quickly approaching and I have all but a couple of the presents in the house.  Before Christmas comes my baby's 4th birthday though.  It's so sad in so many ways to think of how quickly they grow up!

Oh I almost forgot I've discovered Pinterest!    It is a fantastic place to find neat ideas, recipes and tons of other things.  It's gotten my creative juices flowing more than once.

Well I hope you all have a very Happy Holiday.  I'll try to post again soon!

Tell me what's going on with you?!

Love always,
The Boss Lady

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this! Thanks for sharing more about yourself. You are such creative and outgoing person. I know you are going to succeed in everything you put your mind to!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. Feel free to contact me at any time via e-mail or by comment here. bossladysruminations (at) yahoo (dot) com.